What a surprise to find out over the Labor Day weekend that Google is finally releasing its long-rumored Web Browser
interactions... not Flash, not Flex, not Silverlight
... so it was just a matter of time for Google to create the ultimate application that finally will tie all those applications and give them an extraordinary boost.
As they mention in the Comic book
released for its launch, there are strong architecture differences between Chrome and the rest of the browsers:
- it creates multiple processes instead of multiple pages/sites in one process
- it provides a task manager for all its internal processes
- it is built on top of the WebKit engine (the same that Safari uses)
- a more streamlined UI with Tabs taking a primary role in the browser. Tabs become processes.
- The "Omnibox" is the URL field for each tab and has more than "google suggest" and "auto-completions" features.
- "Incognito" mode... browser without leaving a trail.
- a better "sandbox" to improve security
- Google Gears already built-in.
- it is completely Open Source.
... still waiting for the Google Chrome download link